CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 18, 2011

Family 'Staycation'

So this weekend was the last long weekend I had before I go back to work on Wednesday. I am having mixed feelings about that btw. I LOVE my job but I have been enjoying my time off. Anyways on Friday we decided to go shopping. We bought stuff for a project you'll see at the bottom of the post and Emma some summer/spring clothes (if spring will ever get here she can wear them). We also found some great deals on outside toys at shopko. Later that afternoon we played outside while Brad started on his project & I finished Emma's Easter dress. Here are some pics:



Yes I did make that dress!!! I am soooo proud of it & it just looks darling on her. Now on to the project. I found this woodworking website & now Brad & I are hooked. Our first project was this:...............


A DRESS UP CLOSET!!

If you've ever been to my house you know how many dress ups we have & that they are usually scattered all over the playroom. So this was a must. Brad built it, Emma picked out the paint (it was a dollar cause the store had an oops), & we painted it. Emma chose large wall princess stickers to decorate it. It has hooks on each side for necklaces & purses to hang up & the best part ---it has wheels!


We Brad mowed the lawn and trimmed the edges. I love freshly mowed grass!! He also got the basement back in order and reorganized his tool area. We also went to the movie HOP and Emma loved it. Shes all about Easter right now. Probably just because she heard that the Easter Bunny brings presents. Anyways we had such a fun/busy weekend. Like I said before, I'm having mixed feelings about going back to work. There are so many things I wish I had time to do. My sewing project list just keeps growing as I read other's blogs ect.

I just realized that I haven't talked about Lance! Well he's good. His personality is just to go with the flow. He really doesn't have a choice though with who his sister is!! I made it my goal this weekend to feed him in public and not be worried about it. So he got to eat at McDs for the first time, hehe. In fact my nursing cover got lots of compliments. He also ate at the movie theater! That was by far the easiest place--dark and nobody is paying any attention to me, not to mention the comfy chairs. He started laughing this weekend. We cant get him to do it all the time but hes close. He is starting to watch toys and reach out for them. We are working on associating a cuddle object or blanket so when I'm away he'll eat from someone else.

Well all in all I would say that the weekend was a success!

3 comments:

Buttons said...

I love the dress up closet thing. It's a great idea. Good job.

Buttons said...

And the dress you made was pretty awesome too.

Unknown said...

Loving that dress Great Choice!!! Also love the daddy/duaghter project. Sounds like you got some great busy fun in!