
Well our Thanksgiving Day started out better than it ended. My aunt LeEllen and her friend Rick were in the area so they came over for a Thanksgiving lunch. Emmalyn and Odin just fell in love with Rick, in fact when he ran out to get a stock pot for the potatoes they both stood at the door and cried. Brad cooked and LeEllen and I weren't allowed to help. It was going really well until I received a phone call that my grandma Kienzle was in the hospital and they were going to take her off the life support. She had gotten pneumonia the week prior and had complications thereafter that lead to a massive stroke and two other minor ones. It was a hard decision for the family to make but she is in a better place now. We decided to pack up the leftovers and headed down the road to South Dakota. Emmalyn was not all that happy about being in her car seat for eleven hours but we finally made it there on Friday at 3am.
We stayed at Dad's house and the dog thought it was fun to torment my Dad's dog Maggie. They just tolerated each other while we were there. The viewing and funeral were all very nice, well as nice as funerals go. It was good to see all my cousins and other family that came out, although I wish it would have been under different circumstances. We were glad that we were able to come say good-bye to grandma and it just reminds me to live each day to the fullest. Last August Emmalyn and I went out to visit and we went and visited grandma. I have the cutest pictures of the two of them so I can tell her all about grandma when she is old enough to understand.
Anyways while we were there we had a birthday party for Emmalyn's First Birthday!! Joanne and Tammy brought food and Dad bought the decorations and we had the coolest cake made for her. It was a ton of fun!! Thanks to everyone that was able to come and for helping make her birthday a good one. Well I will leave you now with the pictures.
Karstyn and Emmalyn were best friends from the start.













2 comments:
sorry about the bad news, but glad that you guys were able to go back and see all the family that gathered
Emmalyn is such a little doll, and a year old? WOW
Your Thanksgiving table looks so elegant and amazing!!
Rachel
Sorry to hear about your loss. It is great that you were able to make it to South Dakota and see everyone. I do have to agree with Rachel, Emmalyn is a doll!! She is so cute.
Post a Comment