We have just been so busy these last few weeks. I've hardly had time to breathe let alone post on here. Well to catch you up, Grandma Jo came for a few days and Emmalyn just had a great time! It's good that she doesn't understand what being spoiled means! Grandma Jo bought her this wonderful seat thing called a Bumpo. It is to help teach her how to sit up. She loves it!! She is seeing the world in a whole new way. Also Emmalyn started rolling over. She can go from her tummy to her back in both directions, but can't quite go the other way yet. We also started using this bath ring in the tub for her baths and she learned that she can splash and kick and cries now when we take her out of it.
The other day I was munching on some pretzels and Emmalyn was watching me like a hawk so I gave her one and she stuck it right in her mouth. I took it away before she could hurt herself but I took that as a sign that maybe she was ready for solids. So Brad and I went to Walmart and picked out every kind of stage 1 food there was. We decided to try squash first, she wasn't real thrilled with the idea of eating from the spoon, nor did she like the taste. Brad and I couldn't help but laugh at her. We had called my mom to get some tips on the technique and in the video you can hear her talking. I think we are just going to keep trying.
As for the rest of our lives, we are just packing the house and getting ready to move. When Joanne was here we got a lot packed because she was on baby duty for the most part. Hehe we even let her babysit at Home Depot. See I'm just not ready to leave Emmalyn just yet nor is she really ready to go, but I also understand that it is good for me to brake away every now and then. Well we all went to Home Depot to price a few things out and Joanne took Emmalyn around Home Depot in the stroller. Well, Emmalyn is still hesitant around new people and every now and then will get scared. Brad and I were looking at carpet when I heard her cry. She and Joanne were down about 4 isles-big isles mind you-and I started to go to her when Brad grabbed my hand and told me to slow down, I guess I didn't realize I was walking so fast. Well by the time we got there Joanne had her out of the carseat and was trying to calm her down, it wasn't working, so I took her and she calmed right down. Sometimes she just needs mom.
Ill get the video up as soon as I can!




0 comments:
Post a Comment