CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, October 2, 2008

More new pics!!



Well last weekend was fairly nice so I decided to play with my new toy from work!! Yep that's right my job gave me a brand spanking new camera, a Nikon D60!! I'm not complaining of course!! I took these ones of Emmalyn outside in our yard and they turned out pretty good I think. I can't take all the credit though I have been learning some new and fun tricks on Photoshop and just can't get enough of these things called actions. Anyhow here are the photos.














My job has been going really good!! In fact I will be out of the 10 week training after only 6 weeks!! I guess they just felt that I was prepared enough for what was to come. I have gotten some awesome training and have already worked on two major cases. There was a double homicide that we had a week ago and I was able to process the shooter's car. My findings and reports will be in the case file and if it goes through court I will probably be asked to attend. The other one was an abduction and I processed the duct tape from the victim to see if I could find any prints. I did and it was really exciting. I have also been to lots of other scenes ranging from domestic violence to an almost fatal traffic accident. I have also had some smelly dead bodies, which I would rather not have to see anymore of but that's the job.
BTW Emmalyn took two steps on her own last Sunday. I think we scared her off though cause when she did it we cheered really loud and she looked like she was in trouble. It was pretty cute though to see her little legs trying to move on their own. I have some on video and ill try to get it posted soon.

7 comments:

Rachel said...

She is a doll!

How very exciting about your AMAZING job! I am glad you are liking it, even with the smelly parts.

Stephanie & Larry said...

She is adorable. It helps that mom takes awesome pics too.

Family of ARTISTS said...

Same thing Rachel said. Although i wish I could be there doing your job along side you I think it would be really awesome in most cases except overly dead bodies.

Anonymous said...

Emmalyn is beautiful and I love the bug antenna! You sound really excited about the job, and it sounds like it's both challenging and interesting. Best of both worlds. Watch out for the "slimy" defense counsel who just love to catch CSI-types engaging in speculation or hyperbole. Love you!

Anonymous said...

Great pictures of Emmalyn. I agree with Rachel she is a doll..
I knew that you would do great in your job.. It is so great that you love what you do.. I do not think I could take the dead bodies tho..

Love You

Tacey said...

It is great to hear that you are doing so well with your new job. I really need you to practice some more with your camera on my kids!! oh what fun it would be. I will be contacting you soon.

Robyn said...

Hey Sara,
Those pictures are fantastic! I really wish we were closer so I could bug you into taking pictures of my kids... Oh well, glad you are doing well and enjoying your new job!