Work has been busy and stressful at times so Emma, the dog, and I went to visit Rick and LeEllen while Grams and Gramps were out this way. I swear that southern Utah has secret healing powers! We all came back in better moods and ready for whatever life has to offer.
Speaking of which for those of you that haven't heard, Emma and her independent spirit decided to go for a walk by herself about two weeks ago. I had just got in the shower and her and Odin were going to play in the backyard, this is a normal occurrence as the gates are secure and the dog is protective of her. Well after my ten minute shower I realized that I hadn't heard the normal screaming and playing out back. I put a robe on and went out on the deck, they were nowhere to be found... I searched the house and all the hiding spots. At this point in time my heart dropped. My job has jaded me into thinking the worst has happened in every situation. All I could think of was that someone took her from the yard and killed my dog to do so. I put on sweats and a shirt and threw my hair into the towel. I knew she had 15 min on me so I called Brad and told him what happened and then called 911. See my job has also prepared me to talk to dispatchers. Within minutes there were three cops out searching my neighborhood. I actually found her about three blocks north of us. This lady was walking with her in hand and Odin was trotting along side them. The lady said that she was just getting ready for school and Emma had knocked on the door and said 'I play with toys okay' and then walked to the next yard over. The lady-going to school to teach elementary school promptly asked her where her mom was. Emma's answer 'In the shower'. Luckily my two year old knew the direction of the house and pointed at this time. The lady- whose name I cannot remember- started walking back towards our house in hopes of finding a mom looking for her daughter.
I realized two things that day 1-Odin looses all protective/guard dog abilities when Emma offers him a walk out the front door-which was left unlocked by accident and 2- I have never ever been that scared in my life and I am NOT looking forward to the next 16 years this child has to offer me! Anyhow she's safe and since then we have had lots of talks about going on walks by herself.
Well Ill leave you with some photos I took in Southern Utah. Until next time!






4 comments:
my blood pressure raised just reading it!
I hate stories like that. they make me so nervous. I can not imagine what was going through your mind.
Kelsey did that once when she was 2 and I was in the shower. she was riding her trike outside in her pajamas in the freezing cold of a March morning. Scared me to death.
As for the healing powers - yes, you are correct I believe! So sorry I missed you down there. We were there on Thursday and I should have called to see!
Oh my goodness-- I hate stories like that too! So glad she was safe. I actually was thinking about this topic this morning as I was in the shower... my sweet 2 year old just insisted on watching me and throwing all his toys in with me, so it was good, but still-- he can open the door by himself!
I wish we could have seen ya when you were south- it is sooo wonderful down there!
Oh. My. SCARY!! So glad she's okay! And, ya. The next 16 years should be lots o'fun!! Maybe she's got it out of her system now, and you'll have no worries anymore!
That silly Girl! 80) Your right that bird is an amazing color!!! and I love that Flower so pretty! But I think you also need to show off your skills with fabric girl! 80)
Post a Comment